quicker idev boot-up

Taichi  Jun 21, 2019

I’m working on an iDev demo and I’m wondering if the start-up time could be reduced.

Right now it takes about 20 seconds on the splash page before the main page loads up.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations.

Thanks!

Noritake VFD  Jul 23, 2019

Hello Taichi,

Thank you for your question.

There are a couple ways you can reduce the start-up time of your iDevTFT program.

1. Convert the images in your project to .tri format. This format loads very quickly on iDevOS. This can be done in iDevTFT by going to "USB Transfer > Create TRI image files". This will create .tri copies of your project's image files. Once the conversion is complete, make sure to change each image extension within your iDevTFT program so it is looking at the correct file.

2. If you are using multiple .mnu files to utilize different sub-programs, don't load all of the .mnu files at the start of you main program. Load the .mnu file only when you are about to use it. This will reduce the time it takes to get to your main page. This method will increase the time it takes to get to a sub-program by a few seconds, but once a .mnu file is loaded once, it stays loaded until the main program exits or the module is reset.

In summary, to reduce the start-up time of your iDevTFT program, you can:

- Convert images to .tri format.

- Don't front load your .mnu sub-programs. Only load them when needed.

I hope this information helps! If you have any more questions, don't hesistate to ask!

Best Regards,

Noritake VFD