Issues connecting to GT800X480A-C903PA

Panupoan  Apr 07, 2020

Hi All, 

I'm using Windows 10 and when I connect my touchscren module it comes up under Serial Bus Devices as  'GT800X480A-C903PA' When i open up Msousi it seems the only way to connect to the touchscreen is via COM port? I've tried using the GU-TFT Tool but it seems that this tool does not work with Windows 10?  I've also successfully been able to connect to GTO TOOL and GTOMP, however i'm trying to develop P/Macro code. Any suggestions or workarounds would be wonderful. 

Thanks, 

TZ

Noritake VFD  Apr 07, 2020

Hello TZ,

Yes, the only way to connect to a GT-CP module using Msousi on Windows 10 is with a COM port. If you have a USB to 3.3V serial converter, that should work just fine. Otherwise, you can write program macro code in Msousi, compile and export the code as a .dat file, and use GTOMP's Memory Tool to load and run the code on your GT-CP module. If you would like a more detailed procedure on this workaround, just let me know.

GU-TFT Tool does not work on Windows 10, it was developed for Windows 7 and is not being updated anymore. GTOMP was developed as a replacement tool.

If you don't mind me asking, what application do you plan on creating with program macro?

Best Regards,

Noritake VFD

Panupoan  Apr 07, 2020

Hi Noritake VFD,

Thanks for your quick response!  Basically I'm designing a new embedded system and would like to add touch screen functionality. The main system has some pretty tight timing considerations and we don't want it to get bogged down by the touchcreen which is why we chose the GT-CP series, it can act as a SPI peripheral and can run its own code. I need the touchscreen to display a few images (1-2) and then act as a menu to change various parameters like temperatures. 

I've succesfully run a .dat file on my GT-CP module however i'm still not able to get the macro code to recall an image from FROM, i've been primarily relying on the examples provided with Msousi. I guess I should first ask, should I be looking at the ' "Program macro" Specification ' or the "Msousi Program Macro compile Manual" ? 

Panupoan  Apr 07, 2020

Hi Noritake VFD,

Thanks for your quick response!  Basically I'm designing a new embedded system and would like to add touch screen functionality. The main system has some pretty tight timing considerations and we don't want it to get bogged down by the touchcreen which is why we chose the GT-CP series, it can act as a SPI peripheral and can run its own code. I need the touchscreen to display a few images (1-2) and then act as a menu to change various parameters like temperatures. 

I've succesfully run a .dat file on my GT-CP module however i'm still not able to get the macro code to recall an image from FROM, i've been primarily relying on the examples provided with Msousi. I guess I should first ask, should I be looking at the ' "Program macro" Specification ' or the "Msousi Program Macro compile Manual" ? 

Noritake VFD  Apr 08, 2020

TZ,

Is your plan to use a program macro to display a couple images and then act as a slave when switching to the menu?

I would recommend you look at the "Msousi Program Macro compiler Manual". However, this document is written for our VFD modules and has not been updated for GT-CP modules. Just keep in mind that memory access addresses are different and you can use TpX and TpY to read touch data like the following code:

TpX = &h01 'Ask for coordinate data for touch #1. Not needed for single touch mode.
        tx = TpX 'Save x coordinate data from variable 8
        ty = TpY 'Save y coordinate data from variable 9

Regarding image recall, have you saved an image to your GT-CP module's FROM2 using GTOMP?

Best Regards,

Noritake VFD

Panupoan  Apr 08, 2020

Hi Noritake,

Yup that is correct!

Thanks that code makes sense, I'll give it a shot.

I have successfully saved  an image to FROM2 using GTOMP from watching the Youtube series. The next step to recall this image using the program macro would be the funtion CopyBmp right? If so does this function only work a byte at a time? And is there a reason FROM is broken up, for example why is there an 'aE =00' an then a 'aE =01~04' with different adresses?

Noritake VFD  Apr 09, 2020

TZ,

I would recommend using the Print statement followed by the hexadecimal command generated by GTOMP in the Memory Tool map area. After saving an image to FROM2 using GTOMP, you should see information in the map area of the tool. Underneath the information for each image, a set of hexadecimal numbers are present in brackets. (For example: [1Fh 28h 66h 10h ...]) Use these values in your program macro with the Print statement to recall the image to the screen. (For example: Print &h1F, &h28. &h66, &h10 ...) 

The CopyBmp function is implemented for our VFD modules.

Best Regards,

Noritake VFD

Panupoan  Apr 09, 2020

Hi Noritake VFD,

Thank you so much for all your help!

Noritake VFD  Apr 09, 2020

TZ,

Happy to help!

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to create another post or contact us via our contact form: https://www.noritake-elec.com/support/contact-us#wo-sign-in

Best Regards,

Noritake VFD

Panupoan  Apr 10, 2020

Hi Noritake VFD,

Thank you so much for all your help!