Problems Trying to connect to the new GTWV050C3A00PA 5" LCD module

Brad  Oct 28, 2019
I can't seem to get past the Windows 10 unsigned driver error when plugging the display into the USB port. Any solutions to get around it.

Noritake VFD  Oct 29, 2019

Hello Brad,

Can you explain exactly how you connected your GT-CP module to your PC as well as the subsequent steps/events before you arrived at this properties window?

Also, could you post a screenshot of your device manager? (or at least the section where your GT-CP module shows up?)

Best Regards,

Noritake VFD

Brad  Oct 29, 2019

Hi,

The first thing I did was jumper JP1 to allow the USB Vbus to power the board. Before plugging it in I installed  USB_VCOM_driver_installer.exe

Then I plugged it into my power USB hub. The display backlight came on and the device was reconized in the device manager but gave current error you see in the above post screenshot.  Here is the device tree after plugging in the display

Brad,

Thank you for the information.

Our GT-CP VCOM driver is not compatible with Windows 10. GT-CP modules natively support WinUSB, so you need to let Windows install this automatically.

To uninstall the VCOM driver and install WinUSB, follow this procedure:

1. Please uninstall "USB VIrtual COM port (COM4)" and "Noritake Itron Display" from your PC. Make sure to check the "Uninstall the driver software for this device" checkbox.

2. Unplug the GT-CP module from your PC.

3. Plug the GT-CP module back into your PC. The WinUSB driver should automatically install.

4. In your Device Manager, you should see the GT-CP module's product number (GTWV050C3A00PA) listed under "Universal Serial Bus devices".

If your driver installation is still not sucessful, please let us know, post a screenshot of your device manager, and we can troubleshoot this issue with you.

Best Regards,

Noritake VFD

Brad  Oct 29, 2019

Thanks,

That worked, your tools can now see the display.

Brad,

Great to hear!

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Noritake VFD